- A Production Studentís Reflections on Puzzle Game Development
The Guildhall at SMU student Mitchell Massey outlines many of the pitfalls you can expect to face when developing a puzzle game, and explains how you can avoid them.
- Game Design Challenge: The Pen is Mightier than the Fist
Can you design a one-on-one fighter that doesn't use traditional fighting game mechanics? Test your skills in our latest Game Design Challenge.
- Students in Games - Achievement Unlocked: Get it on Steam
Media Design School in Auckland student Claire Barilla recalls the collaborative effort involved in developing the minimalist puzzler Split and publishing it via Steam.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Gaming on the Airwaves
Game Career Guide's readers take on the television industry in these winning entries for our latest Game Design Challenge.
- Emergent Meaning and Narrative in the Digital Space
The University of Southern California student Justin Bortnick reflects on the challenges game designers face in delivering compelling narratives.
- Getting a Job Creating Sound and Music for Videogames
Industry veteran Will Morton gives hints and tips for anyone looking to jump-start a career in gaming audio.
Sheridan College - Canada's largest art school and long recognized for excellence in animation, offers 2, 1-year post-graduate programs: Game Level Design, Game Development - Advanced Programming; and 2 BA programs: Game Design and Interaction Design.